As the content manager at Advanced Recovery Systems, Melissa Carmona puts years of writing and editing experience to work helping people understand substance abuse, addiction and mental health disorders. Melissa is a Florida State University graduate with bachelor’s & master’s degrees in communication and creative writing. She’s edited content for food safety, business, arts, culture and fiction writers.
Working with Advanced Recovery System’s team of accredited medical professionals and individuals with firsthand recovery experience, Melissa’s goal is to put powerful insights and practical knowledge in the hands of people in recovery, their families, friends and communities. She’s fueled by the knowledge that informative and empathetic writing could be the first step to more compassion, less social stigma, more access to treatment and ultimately, saving lives.
- What is a Dry Drunk?
- Intensive Outpatient Program for Substance Abuse
- How To Tell if Someone Is on Meth
- What Is Cocaine Cut With?
- The VA Community Care Network
- How to Overcome OCD Intrusive Thoughts
- Opioid Street Names
- Oxycodone Addiction & Treatment
- Morphine Addiction & Treatment
- What Does Fentanyl Taste Like?
- Fentanyl Lollipops
- Codeine Addiction & Treatment
- Does Marijuana Help Anxiety or Cause It?
- Can You Smoke Cigarettes in Rehab?
- How to Tell Loved Ones You’re Going to Rehab
- Can You Have a Cell Phone in Rehab?
- Addiction & Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Benzodiazepine Addiction & Treatment
- Drug Detoxification
- Understanding Alcohol & Drug Rehab
- Paying for Rehab in New Jersey Without Insurance
- Brain Zaps & Antidepressants